How is Party Pulse different from other bartender-for-hire services?

Unlike other companies where you just hire a bartender...we bring it all to YOU! The bartender, the booze, the mixers, the bar (if you need it), the full shebang! We are completely turnkey. All you have to do is select the bar package you want and we'll take it from there!

When you say you are 'fully licensed and insured,' what does that actually mean?

Party Pulse holds a mixed beverage permit, caterer's permit and cartage permits from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) all in order to make our magic happen! We are literally a roaming, LEGAL bar! And we've got a ton of insurance to boot to make sure you and your guests are served safely and responsibly.

What kind of insurance do you carry?

We carry $1M Liquor Liability Insurance and $1M General Liability Insurance and are bonded by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) as well. We've got you covered!

What is included in your services?

For any bar package you select, it will always include the needed amount of TABC Certified bartenders, bar tools, ice, coolers, the necessary catering certificate from the TABC and covered by our hefty insurances.

What is a catering certificate and why do you need it?

Because we are a mobile bar, the TABC needs to keep tabs on where we are and when. We have to pull one of these every time we host an event where we are providing or selling alcohol. It lets the TABC know the address, date and time of our event and if there is a distillery or brewhouse sponsoring an event. And if it's an open to the public event, it also keeps Austin Police Department and Travis County Sheriff's office in the loop as well. Please don't worry!! This is all about keeping you safe and keeping us legal.

How soon do you need to know my event date?

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! Due to super fun regulation changes by the TABC, if you opt to use Party Pulse's services, we MUST submit a catering certificate request no later than 10 business days (this does not include the weekend or government holidays) prior to your event. Any time after that, will be subject to expediting fees from TABC ranging between $300 and $900. Ouch! Don't be that guy. Let us know ASAP so you can avoid these fees!

What items are needed in order for you to provide services for my event?

We need (2) VERY important things for your event....1) a letter from the location where your event is taking place giving Party Pulse permission to serve on the property for the event date and time; 2) any kind of layout of the event space where the bar may be located...yes, it can even be hand drawn. We're serious...doodles work just as well as an actual blueprint. The good ole TABC just needs to know where we'll be slinging drinks. This part is really only necessary if the venue has multiple businesses on-site. Just call us, we'll walk you through it all.  

Do you provide bartending services, only?

We do...but rarely. Our services are packaged base. We want to handle all your bar needs for you from start to finish. Trust us, you'll thank us later.

Can I provide my own alcohol?

If you opt for just bartending services, yes. But why do that when we can handle it all for you! If you utilize one of our turnkey bar packages, you don't have to worry about the buying, storage, delivery, what to do with anything after...nada! We've got you! And if you do buy one of our packages, no outside beer, wine or spirits will be permitted.

Are you able to host events at residences?

Yes! However, in order to play nice with TABC, the homeowner will have to abide by some strict rules regarding any personal beer, wine or spirits within the home while Party Pulse is on site. Give us a shout and we'll run down the details.

Is there a per person minimum for your events?

For most of our packages, we do require a minimum of 50 guests. Hosting an event less than will be still be quoted at 50 people.

Is there a number too large for you to handle?

NOPE! We've been concessionaires for festivals up to 4,000+ attendees! We're always up for a challenge, so bring it!

What is the difference between a hosted bar and a consumption bar?

With hosted bars, the event host pays a flat, per person rate for the event, whereas for consumption bars, the host is charged for what is actually consumed. Each package has it's pros and cons depending on the type of event and the number of guests. Give us a call and we'll figure out which option is best for you.

Are you able to provide non-alcoholic beverages as well?

If you have a food caterer for your event, check with them to see if they offer a water and tea station. If not, we can provide one for an additional cost. However, unless it's specified in a bar package, any soft drinks or juices included are for cocktail mixer use only.

Is there a service time minimum? 

All of our packages are based on a minimum of a 4 hour service time. Anything outside of that will be subject to additional hourly and inventory cost. Even if your event is 2 hours, you will still be quoted for 4 hours.

What happens when a guest brings their own alcohol to an event your are hosting?

Sorry, Charlie! This is a big no no. If guests are discovered with outside alcohol, it will be confiscated and the host will be fined $250 per incident. If the problem persists, Party Pulse may be inclined to involve local authorities. No one wants that, so it's on the host to make sure their guests play by the rules so everyone can have a good time.